Monday, 30 April 2012

Crochet - UK vs USA stitches.

Crochet books can be confusing, you've just learnt how to do a treble, a chain and a slip stitch but then you buy a book and it's full of double crochets that looks strangely like the trebles you have been learning. Well panic not, here is a handy conversion chart to help you work out what kind of stitch the book means...
British vs American English Crochet Patterns
British EnglishUSA - American English
double crochet (dc)single crochet (sc)
half treble (htr)half double crochet (hdc)
treble (tr)double crochet (dc)
double treble (dtr)treble (tr)
triple treble (trtr)double treble (dtr)
yarn over hook (yoh)yarn over (yo)

No comments:

Post a Comment